Wednesday, March 09, 2016

xockets.io-2.0.2

Hi All,
Just released xockets.io-2.0.2 up on openntf.  The main enhancement behind this release is getting the websocket and http/s server running off the same port.  If configured, the proxy server loads when the XPages runtime loads and proxies all HTTP requests to the Domino back-end server, while any websocket connections are handled directly.  This is NOT a full featured proxy server, and is only meant to front-end Domino to create a single port for both protocols.  Below are the setup instructions (assumes you already have the plugin installed, see websocket-setup.pdf for plugin installation instructions).  Also note, tc-native (Netty's OpenSSL implementation of tomcat's native SSL) has been included.  Right now the tc-native implementation is Windows only.  I had to back-port the java code to 1.6, and create a local build of the .dlls.  I just didn't have time or patience to create a Linux build just yet.  I'll do it if anyone asks.  Note, you can still use this on Linux, but will default to the JDK's SSL / TLS implementation.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  BTW.. be sure you upgrade to FP5 for this release.


1) Setup Domino to use alternate port(s):













2) Setup websocket config with the new config parameters:


























3) Do a full bounce of Domino


4) Test the sample chat application












NOTE:  If you plan on using tc-native + OpenSSL you will need to use a slightly different configuration.  Below are the config settings I used to test the .dll

WEBSOCKET_KEY_FILE=C:/ssl2/private.key
WEBSOCKET_CERT_FILE=C:/ssl2/newfile.crt.pem



6 comments:

Marky Roden said...

Genius !!!

Rene Flores said...

Hi Mark , congratulations great job , I need your help please , I installed the plugin on my server 9.01 , the designer is also 9.01 , everything works ok , but when I change the chat.nsf bd and want compliar me the following error message: Resource Description path Location Type
Unable to build XPages library as the following : com.tc.websocket.library , is not installed xsp.properties chat.nsf / WebContent / WEB -INF XSP.Properties Properties Application Error .... can you help me please , thank you

Mark Ambler said...

Hi Rene,
Make sure the XPages extension library is also installed.

Rene Flores said...

Hi Mark ,
XPages extension library reinstalled and works fine , thank you very much... Great Job

Christian Gravgaard said...

Hi Mark

Thanks for an excelent websocket implementation. It works wonders - when I use Your examples.

My problem is like Rene:
- Unable to build XPages as the following library: com.tc.websocket.library, is not installed

I've searched for the various solutions online - and applied - without success, to be able to compile an xpage solution starting with the chat xpage. Just a compile.

- I've installed the updatesite into our development and intalled the feature on my Notes Client/Designer.
- I've added the security policies, as explained in your guide.
- I've made sure that the XPages extension library is installed
- I've removed my intire Notes Client install with the NICE tool and started all over.

Nothing helps. As soon as I compile - I get the error.

What am I missing out?

Best Regards

Christian Gravgaard,
Gravgaard Group - https://www.gravgaard-group.com


Mark Ambler said...

Hi Christian,
Try the following:

1) Create a .bat file with the below command (change path to match your notes install)
C:\IBM\Notes\notes.exe -RPARAMS -console "=C:\IBM\Notes\notes.ini"

2) Run the .bat file from the command line

3) From the notes console run the diag command (diag com.tc.websocket)


if successfully installed output should read:

update@../../../Data/workspace/applications/eclipse/plugins/com.tc.websocket_2.0.3.jar [1740]
No unresolved constraints.

if not.. should tell you what dependencies are missing

Let me know

-Mark